Saturday, May 08, 2021

Remodeling progress and a temporary studio

 Construction has started, and although it's going more slowly than I expected, it is progressing.

We've had the rough-in for the electrical completed - there will be lots of outlets and plugs and cable chases for internet wires and a TV. The closet has been removed here so the space already looks bigger.


Here you can see the new patio door which leads out to our deck.


Temporarily, I've been relocated to a spare bedroom. I'm quite cozy next to the bed, which is also covered with crafting and other stuff that has been temporarily relocated! My die cutting machine and most of my stamps are downstairs and this room is upstairs, so I'm getting a bit of exercise! It's also directly above the work, so I get to hear some colorful language when things aren't going well.

It was interesting to pare down my supplies to the essentials.  I think this will help me when I move back in to organize things so my favorite things are up front and center.


Back in the studio, there has been lots of mudding and taping to fix all the holes.


And, finally a start to the paint.  We are going with greys on the wall and wood tones for the cabinets. The big pieces will be neutral and we'll bring in color with the curtains and wall decorations.

As the first cabinets started to go in, we had our first "problem" - they went in too low due to a miscommunication. It was easily fixed, except for the holes they had made for the electrical outlets that will be in those cabinets - so more patching is in our future.

Here you can see the darker grey we are using around the patio door.

Lots of work still to be done.  I'd forgotten how stressful remodeling is - I think we might be done for a while with big indoor projects after this is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...