Monday, January 30, 2012

A Lovely Flag Book Class

I had a lot of fun teaching a flag book class at the Copper Country Community Arts Center.  You can see everyone working busily and intently!

Joanne is especially serious:

We were working with a technique I presented last fall on my blog to create embellished panels.

We then created a flag book to hold the panels.  It was everyone's first time making a flag book - see my tutorial if you want to learn how to make your own or my etsy shop if you want one for yourself.  Ronda and Bonnie very carefully glued the flags into their book.  Ronda was so excited that she said she was going home to make another book!


Ramona and Anna were very happy with the end result!



We joked that Cari should be our model for the class, since she had her hair cut just before coming to class.  She and her book both look fabulous!  Cari has her own blog and teaches zentangle classes - she thought this book would be great to hold tangles.


Cynthia had a great time, and toned down the pinks to make a more neutral book.  She plans on drawing in her book, and I hope to see it later after she's done more work in it.


I really enjoyed seeing how everyone used similar materials to create unique pieces of art. It was a great time, and I can't wait to teach again at the CCCAC.  If you live near the lift bridge, check out the CCCAC, and if you don't, try your local art center for some great classes and fun people.

1 comment:

  1. Deb, I had a great time. Thanks for the class. I hope to fill the rest of the pages with tangles, and when I do, I'll post a picture on my blog and let you know. Hope to see you around the CCCAC again soon.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...