Monday, April 09, 2012

Share the love - card boxes from Club Scrap

Who couldn't use a few extra cards for those occasions that pop up?  Even better than having a few cards is having a box to put them in.  It makes these perfect for gift giving, and great to put on your desk.  I had a lot of fun making these two boxes.  One is headed toward a charity auction, and the other is available in my etsy shop.  If you prefer to make them, the stamps and kit are still available from Club Scrap.

These are the boxes as I finished them.  I used lots of distress ink (dusty concord, fired brick, dried marigold) on the manilla panels in bright colors, and then aged it with the Club Scrap Earth ink on the edges on top.  The stamps on this box are from the Natural Resources kit (no longer available).

A little ribbon and a perfect bow finish off the top nicely, I think. The background stamp on this box is from the Comfort Zone kit, and the Short Sleeve Pants borders (no longer available).

Opened up, each side holds at least 4 invitation sized cards and envelopes.  The boxes are made from heavy cardstock - the bottom is double thickness to make it even sturdier.


The cards themselves were cut using Club Scrap's Assembly Line method.  This cuts every scrap of paper into cards and panels, and then gives you recipes for assembling them.  I love these instructions, because it jump starts my creativity, and they're great to bring to a crop.  After doing a few similar to theirs, I worked in some of the Natural Resources stamps, and created my own take.


I like using a single small stamp around the edge of the manilla to create a frame.  It looks like I stamped all over, but it's actually just the edges.


My "perfect" bows come from using the bow easy tool.  Just love that little tool - very easy, inexpensive, and has helped me use a lot more ribbon!


I really love using Tim Holtz' tiny attacher to staple ribbon to card (above) or provide a little accent on a greeting strip (below).


Don't forget to use white ink - it looks great on this darker panel.  I also roughed up the edges using the Tonic Studios Paper Distresser.

I love having a few extra cards around when birthdays sneak up on me, or I need a quick card to thank someone.  The box makes it extra special, and perfect for gift giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...