Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A quick card collection - Bookshelves Blog Hop

It's the 27th, which means it's time for the latest Club Scrap Blog Hop featuring the March kit - Bookshelves. I hope you enjoyed the previous stop on this hop - Ink Stains with Roni.  I saw her sneak peeks, and it's a lovely project.

I made this lovely card collection for this months project.

I am in desperate need of some cards, and have had no time to make any lately due to the ice show this weekend (yes, I skated in it!).  So, I pulled out my trusty Club Scrap idea deck, and got to work on a card collection.

One of my favorite things to do is to pull out a card formula from my idea deck (five of diamonds here) and double it.  This formula called for two pieces of paper, and makes four cards.  Each card would then just have two colors that alternate.  By doubling the paper, you can mix and match more pieces.  Here are my four pieces that I selected.  I love to use patterned paper - it gives every card a bit of pizzazz with very little work from you.

I start by cutting all of the pieces and separating into piles.  These are my scraps - wow!  I love when I have no scraps.  Hey.... That larger piece looks stampable - it's not a scrap!

I then start to arrange the pieces to see what I might like to see together.  Although everything coordinates, some combinations just appeal to me more than others.  This is my modified assembly using the "scrap" on my card.

I pulled out my stamps and stamped all of the panels.  Sometimes, when I find a pattern I like, I just keep doing it.  No need to reinvent the wheel, and these sympathy cards won't end up in the same family, so nobody will know my little trick. I do a lot of color testing and stamp testing on my paper blotter.


On these cards, honestly, I was too lazy to get my cutter out to trim the larger panel, so I tore it.  I like the look, but it was born out of laziness!



You can see that I'm addicted to bows and ribbon.  I have a ribbon hanger in the hallway, and like to search to see if there are any scraps I can use when I'm making cards.

On this one, I used a border punch and dimensional paint to create an interesting edge.

This formula makes these wonderful z-cards that were a bit tricky to photograph.  I stamped on one edge (hidden here) with a border stamp to give it a bit of texture.  The inside has a greeting, too.  I like to put sentiments inside my sympathy cards so I don't have to write too much.  The words are never easy then.

All of my stamps are from Club Scrap, but are sadly not available any more.  All paper is from the Bookshelves Club Scrap Lite kit.  Ribbon is from my stash - I can't remember where for all of it!

Thanks for visiting me today on the blog hop!  Do you have any tips for using the card idea formulas in your card making?  Leave a comment and let me know.

Our next stop on the hop is Deb Duz Scrappin' - she's a great crafter and I can't wait to check out what she has in store for us this month! If you missed any of the blog posts, check out Club Scrap Creates for a complete list.

26 comments:

  1. Deb, I absolutely adore how you incorporate all your different stamp sets in your cards. And the addition of the punched and torn edges create such dimension. Lovely is right. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how these cards turned out, Deb. And that torn edge really "makes" the card...laziness or not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love how being lazy can look sooooo right!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful cards, Deb, they have a warm feel to them, real booklovers cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are great - and it IS nice to have cards on hand for every occasion when you need them. I need to set aside an hour to make a bunch like this -- thank you for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:06 AM

    Love the torn paper. I should do that more often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards, Deb! I love how great looks are born out of laziness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards, Deb. I especially like the one with the punched edge and dimensional paint.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice job, I like the tearing too, classy. You are right about just having a hard time finding words for the sympathy cards too-good idea to stamp inside as well. Fill up that blank space.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards, Deb! I love the torn edges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card collection. Aren't those decks of cards fabulous? And doubling the recipe is a time-saving idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great bunch of Cards Deb!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super lovely classy cards Deb! Certainly inspires me to get more made just like this! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely cards Deb! I love the sentiments and images you used for stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this collection...so simple!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great cards Deb...very clean and spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all the cards! Thanks for sharing!
    Lisa K.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing what you can make with only a few pieces of paper. Lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome Cards, Deb! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful, elegant cards Deb. And you fit it all in with your busy skating schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the variety of cards you made.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your cards! This kit is among my favs.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great cards, Deb! Makes me fall in love with the Idea Decks all over again. I love to see people use the same formulas in different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful cards Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous! Same formula in many different cards! How ingenious and beautiful results!
    Thandks for sharing this!
    Cher

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...