Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Misted Collaged Backgrounds | Club Scrap April 2013 Blog Hop

Welcome to the April Club Scrap blog hop, featuring the Spring Chorus kit.  I hope you enjoyed Roni's project and are looking forward to more inspiration for card making!

The blues and greens of this kit really inspired me to create some misted backgrounds with lots of water and stamps featuring natural images.

These cards are always unique. No two are ever quite the same.  I was also inspired by Tricia's art orphans, and Christine experimenting with mix'd media ink to play with my inks and stamps.

It's easier to show you how I made these, so I made a little video sharing my techniques and thoughts with you.
I hope this inspires you to "think spring" and use your mists to create some ephemeral backgrounds.  I still have three feet of snow on the ground in my yard, so I need all the help I can get with getting into the spring spirit!

Who can resist a card with a saying like this?

I hope you're enjoying the Club Scrap Blog Hop.  Next in our hop is the talented Deb at DebDuzScrappin.  If you missed anyone, or got lost along the way, please visit Club Scrap for the whole list of bloggers.

Supply list:
  • White panels for misting from the Steppin' Out! kit - no longer available, but substitute any thick white paper of your choice.
  • All other paper from the Spring Chorus collection
  • Memories Mist by Stewart Superior - Blueberry Shake and Wheatgrass
  • Hybrid ink from Club Scrap
  • Just Dandy stamps from Club Scrap, along with assorted sentiments

36 comments:

  1. Lovely cards. Love those bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your cards very much the colors are so spring together! I became a follower:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Now that I have a new video camera, I hope to make more videos. It's fun!

      Delete
  3. Anonymous8:22 AM

    Love your cards - and your video was perfect!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. These art pieces have so much depth. I love the softness of the color gradients. Thanks for the video, now I can play along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW. Deb, this is fantastic. Loved the video, the technique, and how you brought it all together to make some incredible cards. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easy when you have great inspiration and materials to work with!

      Delete
  6. What pretty cards and I love the video, great job and I can't wait to have some fun doing this too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:38 AM

    Beautiful and a video as well. Thanks Deb!

    pat-czap

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the results of your misting. It's such fun to play!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful - instructive. encourages us to PLAY - and who doesn't need to do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we all need to play more!

      Delete
  10. Beautiful Cards, Deb!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Deb - Thanks for sharing both your beautiful artwork and the terrific video! You've inspired me to do some playing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous10:48 AM

    Very nice--great directions and ideas!

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. FANTASTIC DEB! And love that you included a how to video tutorial which was wonderful. Watched it all and just love how you brought the whole process together from beginning to end. Love your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning backgrounds, Deb. So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. super tutorial, your backgrounds turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous cards Deb! Thank you for tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really like the blues and greens you used. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such pretty cards, I forgot about those panels in Steppin Out, I think I have a bunch of them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your backgrounds, Deb, and your video shows how easy it is to do!
    Great entry on this blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous!!! I am really get into the mists.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just watched your video. Thanks for give us the process and all the steps you used. I was just right!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Deb, I always love your videos. They get to the point but are not dull at all. Your art inspires me, as usual. Gotta go make some panels now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see what you make!

      Delete
  23. Deb, your cards are gorgeous! Great technique and beautiful colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Deb you are really good at technique videos!!! Thanks for sharing and love your beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so flattered you think so! It must be the teacher in me. :)

      Delete
  25. Very pretty backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are a wonderful teacher, which is why I subscribe to your blog and YT videos. These are stunning. What I really like is that they can be used for just about any occasion. Make a bunch when you're in the mood to play and have them on hand--my kind of card making.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I do some teaching by day, and it's fun to teach a different topic that is much less technical. Can't wait to see what you create!

      Delete
  27. Love the spritz'd backgrounds!! Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great cards - I really liked your video, you presented the technique beautifully - definitely going to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wonderful tut. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great tutorial! Thanks for reminding me to play around with my mists... I've done it before, but it's been a long time...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...