Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pine board book - Caardvarks challenge


Club Scrap is sponsoring a challenge at the Caardvarks blog, and I took the challenge to heart. This has been a multi-step project that has taken a little bit of time every night - mostly because each step needed to dry. This is the same project that I showed you a piece of a few days ago. I'm really happy with how it turned out, and it was a creative adventure.

First, I made the inside of the book using a large piece of paper, masking at regular intervals, and then painting, stenciling, and stamping up a storm. I sliced and diced the paper to make a maze book that I then glued so it opens like a regular book. To see how I made the inside of the book, you can watch Tricia Morris from Club Scrap demonstrate this on a different size of paper. On this one, I used gesso, watercolors, the Ivory Elegance stencil (no longer available), and the Be Still rubber stamp.

The covers were made with pine boards from Club Scrap (oh no! These are sold out now, so I need to hoard my stash of these!). I painted them quickly with some acrylic paint, mostly just to seal the surface. The wood grain shows through just a little bit.

To finish it off, I stamped a variety of my favorite quotes from Club Scrap stamps on some paper from the Bistro kit (the orange) and the Written Word kit (the purple). I'm sort of in love with the green-purple-orange color scheme.

6 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely! All the stamping, masking, stenciling just creates a beautiful artistic depth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful! Your stamping is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning stamped background ... gorgeous 3-D project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is so pretty! Wonderful stampin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I browsed a bit around your site and just want say that all your work is just AWESOME! I love all those hand-bound books you made. And I love the way you pay attention to detail, as in this book the handstamped pages. WOW!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...