Sunday, June 28, 2009

Copper Country Cruising and Scrapping

I haven't scrapbooked since last year sometime. It's kind of crazy - I love to scrapbook, but I got more focussed on projects for the last year. I've found that I like scrapbooking ALSB style (Assembly Line Scrapbooking). Two Club Scrap members came up with the method - they would make pages out of their kits without picking pictures out. Club Scrap has instructions each month to make your entire kit into layouts for your current kits.

Club Scrap also has these great idea decks. You can find a layout you like, pick the papers, and follow the instructions to make a great layout. Sometimes, I can be more creative with these layouts by adding a whole bunch of embellishments, but sometimes I just want to get the layouts done. I like looking at the pictures later, and it's not as important to me that each layout be completely designed by me. The idea deck is great for using up older papers that might match, but you don't have the whole kit anymore. These layouts are both rotated from the sketch, which leads to a whole variety of layout options. I've actually used these patterns to create whole books, and by the time you add pictures, different embellishments, and journaling, nobody even recognizes the identical layouts from page to page.

These layouts are from my mom's visit last fall. We went Copper Country Cruising to look at the leaves, and took some great pictures. The paper on these layouts are mostly from a design classic remix of the collections paper printed on a variety of kits. The foil stickers with the gold leaves are from the Autumn Splendor kit.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...