Friday, January 22, 2010

Scraptastic snowflakes!

I'm really glad the holidays are over, and the semester is well underway! I have a lot of work to do between Thanksgiving and just after the new year, plus projects for the holidays. Most of my crafting in the last two months have been gifts for family, so they're not great to post! I can start sharing them now, including this card which ended up in some special homes this year.


This card also turned into the inspiration for a class I'm teaching at our local scrapbooking store tomorrow. I'm teaching a bunch of my favorite techniques for using scraps in new ways. I certainly have more scraps than I can probably ever use up on my own. This card used the Club Scrap card making deck to inspire the basic design of the card, and I added my own touches with the super cool snowman from Hero Arts. Each of the panels is embossed with a cuttlebug embossing folder (Snowflakes). I was really into pinks and green for holiday cards this year. There is something really sweet about these colors, and they're a little bit unexpected.

The "quadrant" technique can also be used with scraps, and the panels can also be stamped. Kay from Club Scrap demos other ways you can interpret this technique in the Club Scrap cinema.

I'll be sharing more samples and techniques over the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...