Monday, January 25, 2010

Paper bag goodness

This is a project I made at the 2009 Club Scrap retreat. If you're interested in attending the 2010 retreat, registration is now open. This is an experience I look forward to every year. We make the most fantastic projects, and we have such a fun time. This was our opening project - it's made entirely of paper bags and butcher paper. Since the materials are quite hardy, I decided to embellish this for my nephew for Christmas. We got a bunch of pictures from our trip this summer, and Paul and I both journaled in it. I hope that he loves looking at the pictures now, and appreciates the memories later. I had a heck of a time getting great pictures of this, and was in a bit of a rush to get this mailed to him, so I had to settle for what I could get.
The majority of the embellishments are from the Concrete Jungle kit by Club Scrap (yes, I'm addicted to Club Scrap). The blue was a perfect accent to the brown paper bag, and the graffiti nature of the designs fit well with a little boy.
I also loved the swirls of the Be Still stamp. I can't believe I didn't want this stamp initially. I've learned to love it and its versatility.
These pictures below are from my favorite parts of England (so far) - Devon and Cornwall. We didn't have great weather, but the sights were still beautiful. I loved the ruggedness of the country. If you want to read more about our vacation, take a look at Charlesworth's Adventures.
I love creating books and giving them as present. I hope you enjoyed a peek at it, too.

1 comment:

  1. I have never made one of those paperbag scrapbooks. They look like they are a lot of fun too. I should give it a try sometime. You did a great job on yours. TFS

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...