Saturday, May 04, 2013

A mini-book for National Scrapbooking Day | Club Scrap Blog Hop

I hope you're enjoying the Club Scrap [Inter]National Scrapbook Day blog hop.  Thanks for joining in!

I think some people forget how broad the term scrapbooking is. To me, scrapbooking is just a way of capturing moments and sharing them with those we love. It could be a home decor piece, an album full of layouts or a mini book. It's not always about making pages (although that's fun, too!).

This book starts with a box - I couldn't bear to cut into my Club Scrap paper to make this box, but doesn't it look lovely even if it isn't Club Scrap paper?

This book is from the Club Scrap 2011 retreat.  I finished it recently to give as a gift. It looks like I forgot to take a picture of it all closed up. It has a sweet elastic closure, and we used a lot of different techniques to distress the cover.

I used a rolodex die to create a little cover page for each section, used the index prints from my photo order as embellishments.  I think they are so sweet.

Each section has a blue cover.  I used my Sizzix to emboss the covers, and decorated with strips of coordinating paper (from Gimme a Ring) and stamped images (from Natural Resources).

Each page simply had stamped edges, and a photo. Easy peasy, as Jac would say.  :)

No gift is complete without a little love in it.

Minibooks make great gifts. My mom and dad loved this book, and I hope they fondly remember the time we spent together when they look at it. To me, scrapbooking is all about preserving memories. I hope you find some time to preserve yours - but not until you check out the next stop on this hop, Deb at DebDuzScrappin. If you missed anyone, or got lost along the way, please visit Club Scrap Creates for the whole list of bloggers.

28 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT! Deb, you have brought this project to a whole new level!
    The addition of the little photo index pics and the leaf diecuts along with the embossed papers, truly a work of art! And the box is pretty great too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of my favorite retreat projects of all time. It's always great to see the "final" result of those projects. I'm glad it brought some joy to the folks! (And the box was pretty, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great little mini book of memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy NSD, Deb. Your project is awesome. A beautiful mini-book with great details in a box. A lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa Niles9:35 AM

    Just beautiful! I LOVE, LOVE checking out your blog and all the great stuff you create!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, Deb! It's rare I get to see a Retreat project AFTER it's completely finished, so this is a real treat. Great job...happy NSD!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you did with the book Deb!! It looks so different that way and amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous mini album! Anyone would be blessed to receive that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful, fun book - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the retreat Field Journal project and box you've created!

    Making and preserving wonderful memories!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful book! I love the leaves and the rolodex tags.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do many details... must have taken forever!!! Wonderful gift! Happy National Scrapbooking Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great little book! Terrific Gift,

    ReplyDelete
  14. Deb, Perfect timing to inspire me for a little album I'm working on!

    Wonderful! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great little mini book - I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very sweet book, Deb! Love your color choices.
    Cher

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a nice package you booklet makes, I love the index cards!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice gift for anyone. I love the leaves and colors. Thanks for being in this Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW you brought such a wonderful burst of colors to the book that had more muted coloring to it. It really pops with life! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is a nice book! Great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This was such a way-cool project! I used mine to make a photo book for my nephew that went along with his BD gift: a camera. Decked it out with Private Eye images. I love how you chose to decorate and use yours! And completely agree about the memories -- they can be embraced in many forms using paper and ink! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous mini book. Yes, it would make an awesome gift.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Deb, this is just beautiful. Two thumbs up! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this colorful little minibook. It's going to make someone very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is very cool. I love all the texture going on. Very clever ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this little book!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow cute book, hmm I should have this project as I got RIAB-need to find it ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...