Monday, November 29, 2010

Kaleidoscope Card

Now that I'm organized, I have been creating up a storm lately.  I'll be sharing some holiday cards later in the week, but first, it's time for Paul's annual birthday card.  At the Club Scrap retreat, I learned a new technique that they called "Pinpoint Rotation."  This is the result of that technique:

The "happy birthday" is mounted on some foam tape, which results in a little bit of distortion on the scan. The stamp is from Teeny Tiny Wishes and the coordinating punches (Word Window and Modern Label) are from Stampin' Up! - one of my favorite and most versatile greeting sets.

Believe it or not, I used one stamp and one ink pad to make the design on the cream colored paper.  That stamp isn't available anymore (Solstice Club Stamp kit), but check out this image from a different stamp.  To replicate this technique, you will need a:
  • Stamp - border stamps work particularly well
  • Stamp positioner, like a stamp-a-ma-jig or a Position It (I'll be talking more about the Position It later - this is a fabulous tool)
  • Ruler and pencil
  • Mulitcolored ink pad - I used the Kaleidacolor ink pad Fiesta
Nobody shows this better than Tricia, so check her out demonstrating the technique, and see where your imagination takes you!  I love this technique!



Some cool tools I used in this post:
   

1 comment:

  1. This is so neat.......I may have to break down and get one, as I love the results.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...