Before I made my misted backgrounds last week, I experimented a bit with my new distress stains to see what kinds of effects those would yield.
I started by applying the stain through stencils, and then applied stain to stamps. I used broken china and vintage photo here. I also used the tattered leaves die to make some leaves for my cards.
On this card, I started with the same harlequin stencil, but then I used a CS stencil with ink and the Postcards from Paris stamps with ink to add a bit more definition in the background. The blue panel was hand stamped with the same Postcards from Paris stamps in white pigment ink.
I'm wondering if I can get some of the same effects with watercolors. I love the stains, but I already have lots of watercolors on hand. If only I had more time to play...
Be sure to some back on May 4th. I'll be sharing a mini-book I finished recently as part of the Club Scrap blog hop for National Scrapbook Day. Mini-books make great gifts, and Mother's and Father's Day are closer than you think!