Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine's Day Club Scrap Blog Hop

Welcome to the loveliest day of the year!  Since there is a blizzard warning in effect, we are planning to stay home and make homemade ravioli for dinner.  Never a dull moment in our house! If you came here from Ann's blog, you're in the right place. If you got lost along the way, check out the whole list at Club Scrap.

My card for this month was based on the card sketch challenge happening this month on the forum and inspired by the new Love Ink kit. I started by masking off blocks on a card front with Eclipse tape and inking around the edges with Earth ink.

I then stamped a variety of images from my Club Scrap kits, using masks to create depth and interest.

When you're done, peel off the tape, and see the magic appear!

For the inside, I masked off a strip and did a similar stamping technique.  The edges are accented with a row of pierces along the top and bottom of the strip.  Some pink glossy accents over the heart gives a little extra shine.

For the front, I matted my pieces and added a greeting.  I was going to follow the sketch more closely and add some punched flowers or hearts, but I decided I liked this just as it is.

This technique would be great all year round - I'd love to see what you create!

Next on our hop is the lovely Kay Williamson.  She always has something creative to share.  I hope you hop on over to her next!

And, if you like my cards, please stop back on February 19th to see my take on the London Calling greeting to go kit as Club Scrap's guest artist!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...