Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Resistivity


This is another one of the samples I worked up for my upcoming Versamark class (March 20th if you're local to the Keweenaw). I like teaching classes because it challenges me to think of new ways to use my supplies, and to really think about the techniques that are interesting and give great effects. If I try it and it doesn't work well, I don't teach it! This is a no-fail technique, and a different way to do a resist.

This technique is probably even simpler than the last one, but does require some special supplies to really achieve the best effect. Stamp images of your choice on glossy paper using Versamark ink. I really like the Stampin' Up! paper - it's a good price, and great quality. Then, ink up a brayer with dye ink (pigment ink or any ink that doesn't dry on glossy paper isn't a great choice). I have a speedball brayer with different heads that can be popped in and out. I use the hard rubber one for this technique. Roll the brayer back and forth over the paper to get a nice even layer of ink. Just have fun - there is no need to worry about technique! If you have a kaleidocolor ink pad, you can get interesting stripes of color, too.

I embossed the greeting using Versamark ink and black embossing powder. Stamp your image with Versamark ink, sprinkle the embossing powder over the image, shake off the excess powder, and then heat the powder with an embossing gun until it melts. I also really like the Stampin' Up! embossing powders. They melt really well, and have a great gloss to them. I think this makes a great impact with a greeting.

Hope you are enjoying the longer days and finding more time to craft because of them!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Deb! Yes, isn't it interesting how teaching is such a great way to learn new things! And it reminds one of the "basics" of one's craft too, which never ceases to surprise and delight me... Hope your class goes well and that your mojo returns! See you in Craft Blog Tune-Up!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...