Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Playing with Versamark


I'm getting ready for a class I'm teaching at our local scrapbook store (March 20th for those of you in the Keweenaw), and came up with this for one of my sample cards. I was trying to do something that would be different (in an interesting way!), so I chose to do a gatefold card. At the class, I'll show some different techniques using Versamark ink. I've embossed the scroll image, and then inked over it with a sponge. The embossed image resists the ink, so you get a nice effect with the background paper showing through the image. The background scroll image is from Club Scrap, and the foreground saying with the bird is from Stampin' Up!

By the way, if anyone has seen my crafting mojo, could they send it back here? It seems to have left me for a while! I'm still crafting, but can't quite seem to get motivated to do much. It might have something to do with the weather brightening up - it seems that I want to be outside, but it's not quite warm enough to do that yet.

I'm looking forward to some crafting time this weekend, though. I'm taking a few days off of work, and hopefully a new environment and no work will help to kick start some creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...