Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The finished book

Here is my finished book with a floating style stone in the cover:

Window book with shell

I really enjoy putting beads on my spine.  One of the threads is left over from sewing the binding.  The other pair of threads are created by tying a long piece of linen thread around the kettle stitch at the top.

Binding of window book

I think I seriously dreamt up this project, and I am so happy to see it completed.  It really matches what was in my head when I started, which feels great.  This project was very complicated.  If you missed any of the steps, this is what I did:

  1. Decorated the style stone
  2. Created the covers
  3. Added the floating element to the cover
  4. Assembled the book
All of the papers and most of the beads were from Club Scrap.  The ribbon is a grosgrain ribbon from Stampin' Up!

I actually made one before this to test my technique out.  I'll share that when I have a chance to finish the beading, take more pictures, and finish working on some Easter projects!


  1. Your book is very pretty....if I had the courage, I would attempt to make this....great job :)

  2. Very beautiful, Debra!

  3. Deb, the way you set the style stone into the cover is awesome. I’ve never seen that before. The whole book is really very beautiful, and I love the beads you picked.
    I tried my hand at making books quite awhile ago and know how much work is involved. You’ve become a master at tutorials; this set of posts is so inspiring.

  4. This is just gorgeous, Deb. I love all the media you incorporated in the the project, and those beaded dangles are awesome. What a treasure!

  5. This is so beautiful! I really enjoyed following along in the process too!

  6. Anonymous5:47 PM

    Wow Deb! That is just stunning. I think it's amazing when that from a concept in your head it has come to life, and so beautifully too. And setting your style stone into the cover was inspired.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...