Monday, February 18, 2013

Spark your mojo - make a card for someone you love

Even when I'm not feeling very crafty, thinking about my sweetie sparks me to make something special just for him.

I like to try and use new things for him, especially since he sees a lot of what I buy.  This Christmas card uses a new stamp that hadn't seen ink yet (Snow Buddies from Crafter's Companion), and little jingle bells from Stampin' Up!



I usually use a lot of paper on Paul's cards, since I'm not trying to mail the card or make the card meet a price point to sell.  It's fun to see how much paper I can use!  This one mainly uses paper from the Academy kit, green paper from Retro, and various love themed stamps (no longer available - My Funny Valentine, and a special release from Stampin' Up!) on the tan paper.

Paul always takes his turn making cards, too.  I just love how this looks like a stained glass window, and celebrates our recent trip to Disney.

This week for Valentines' day, I had an idea while watching the Paperwishes video show - since he's my sweetie, how about a sweet cupcake as an image?  This cupcake is a Dazzles Mix 'Em Cupcake - mix and match the shiny pieces to make your own unique cupcake.  Add a paper doily, some heart banners (still trendy!), and again lots of layers, for some Valentine's fun.  There are lots of pearls on the inside - I can use as many as I like since it won't be mailed!

Paul did another quilled masterpiece for me, as well.

So, spark your creativity this week by making a card for someone you love!  And, check out our other cards to each other here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...