Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Spring Greetings with the Hydrangeas Blog Hop!

Welcome to the Hydrangeas blog hop!  My post features the Club Scrap Lite kit.  If you want to start at the beginning, check out the Club Scrap Creates blog.

Spring always brings garden images to Club Scrap, and I sure could use those right now since I still have a 4 foot lump of snow in my front yard.  This kit was the perfect excuse to dust off my crafting table and get a card ready for my dear sister-in-law.

I was inspired by the stencil and tags and decided to make that my focal image.  I used some purple painters tape to stabilize the stencil and tag to make it easier to ink.

I used two different shades of purple and green to create a variegated look to the flowers.


I loved the halo around the whole image!

As I was playing with pieces for layering on the card, I decided that a patterned background with text and shapes was what I was needing to contrast with the flowers.  I pulled out a variety of Club Scrap stamps and used versamark and purple ink to create a layered background.  The center would be covered by the tag, so I didn't worry about it too much.

I wanted the birthday greeting on top of the tag, so I used some peel-off stickers from my stash.  These can be easily recolored with alcohol ink, so I colored them to coordinate with the flowers.

To finish the card off, the greeting went on vellum and the glue was hidden behind the peel-off sticker.  The ribbon from the kit was perfect to finish things off - it's light enough to wrap around the card and not interfere with mailing.

I hope you're enjoying the Hydrangeas blog hop - I know I'm looking forward to what Deb has in store for us on her blog!  If you want to start at the beginning, check out the Club Scrap Creates blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...