I was very happy to receive one of the new Tim Holtz Sizzix dies (Tattered Florals) in the mail last week, and couldn't wait to use it on a project. I adore the vintage look of his new dies, and I'm going to have a lot of fun creating with them.
I took the Sizzix french fry box to make this sweet and non-traditional Easter basket. It was easiest to decorate this before assembling. For easy assembly (I made 16 in one night!) try this:
- Die cut all of the pieces
- Stamp all of the pieces as desired (I used the Ivory Elegance stamp from Club Scrap to create a nice scroll work; this particular stamp is no longer available)
- Punch holes in all of the sides (the Crop-a-dile made this easy work, since I could punch about 8 pieces of card stock at a time)
- Pierce hole in center of flowers and front of french fry box
- Attach flowers with a brad (I chose an initial from the recipient's name)
- Fold all of the pieces and reinforce with bone folder
- Put adhesive on all of the flaps
- Assemble the box (Sizzix has a great pdf that shows all of the steps)
- Put eyelets in the holes on the side pieces
- Tie ribbon (15 inches was a nice length)
- Fill with grass and candy
- Sit back and admire your handy work!
I made these for my co-workers to thank them for everything they do to make my job easier. I couldn't do my job without their help. I hope they enjoy the sweet treat!