Wednesday, July 10, 2013

More from the Cape Cod kit

So, last month I showed you how I used the cut-aparts from this fabulous Club Scrap kit to make a card.

My original inspiration was the recent engagement of one of my best friends by a lighthouse. The arrival of this kit was perfectly timed!

I made a box to contain my little present.

Open the box, and find a sweet little book.  The lighthouse paper is perfectly sized to create a lovely border - this book is about 4" wide.

Open the book, and you'll find some instructions, a label, and the squash book from the kit.  I decorated the cover of the book with a die cut heart.  I pre-placed some adhesive in the book cover so my friend can adhere the squash book to the cover once she's put some pictures and journaling in there.  I thought that would be easier before adhering.

The book opens up and is just so cute! I think this will be the perfect memento of a memorable day for her and her fiancee.

The final touch is a memorable card. This is one of the other photo mats from the kit, along with ribbon and buttons. I love when I'm sending a package to someone - I can make the card as dimensional as I want!

I made my husband a scrapbook of our engagement as a wedding gift, and these gifts are so special to look back at over the years.  I hope my friend enjoys many happy years with her fiancee, and cherishes all of the memories they create together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...