Monday, May 07, 2012

More fun with pockets in books

I was on a roll when I started making books with pockets, so I couldn't resist making another one.

I love how using a niche in the front allows me to use brads and elements that might stick up a little bit. These sparkly flowers don't have to lie flat for this book, and they won't get damaged as the book is slid on and off a shelf.

Open the book up, and you'll find large pockets for additional pages.

The book is hand-sewn with waxed linen thread over ribbons.

This book would make a great teacher's gift. Think about giving the white pages to the students to decorate, and then including some favorite pictures on the other pages. The bright colors definitely give a cheery end-of-the-year feel to the book!

All papers and embellishments from Club Scrap.  The cover paper was "aged" with white pigment ink to create a really unique look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...